Thursday 9 June 2011

Chili Chicken (Ayam Masak Merah)


This one is my old time favorite...ok...strike that..everything with chilis is my old time favorite, haaaa...thats it. I'm a Malay & i grow up with this kind of food. Herbs & spices. Its feel more satisfying if my dishes have chili in it. Oh, don't worry, i'm not fussy & i'm not a picky eater either. I just love spicy food & that's me. Once in a while i crave for spicy food. See, with 3 small kids, not much spicy food served in my dinner table. I had a lots of simple chili recipe from my mom & its very easy, trust me. Either cook it with meat, chicken, seafood or even vegetables it still delicious :D. I'll post it from time to time ok. Here my recipe...

Chili Chicken (Ayam Masak Merah)
  • 1/2 chicken, cut into medium size
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp turmeric powder
  • Enough oil for frying
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 inch ginger, thinly sliced
  • 2 inch cinnamon stick
  • 1 star anise
  • 3 cardamons
  • 2 cloves
  • 2 lemon grass
  • 4 tbsp chili paste 
  • 1 tbsp chili sauce (store bought)
  • 1 tbsp ketchup
  • 1/2 water
  • Salt to taste
  • Coriander leaves, finely chopped
Place chicken in the bowl, add salt & turmeric powder, mix well until the chicken well coated.
In the medium size wok, heat the oil and fry the marinated chicken until golden brown. Set aside.
In the same wok, reduce the oil until left around 3 tbsp oil.
Stir in onion, garlic, ginger, cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves & cardamoms, stir fry until fragrance & the onion is soft & tender.
Add chili paste, continue stirring until the chili separated from the oil around 5 minutes.
Add water, chili sauce, ketchup & lemon grass, stir until slightly thicken.
Add cooked chicken & stir until well coated.
Serve with coriander leaves on top.



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

**My Kitchen Lab**   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP