Wednesday 28 March 2012

Classic Apple Pie


Salam all,

My life now starting back to normal again since i'm not too busy like before. I had a time to prepare breakfast & lunch box for my son, got time to be back from work 5.30pm sharp heheh..what i not starting yet is my baking :D. I think i just loss all my baking skill guys..:(

Last weekend i planned to baked a Caramel Pudding Cake & FYI its not a first time to me. I made it twice before. I don't now why, but i just can get it right only half of the recipe which is the Caramel Pudding part. Cake part? Huhh!! i throw the cake batter away coz it just...i don't know...doesn't look like a cake batter, too runny...i'm soo frustrated that day, talk to my hb about it & he said that i should bake more so that i can get my skill back...hmm, really...uhh thank god i just bake for my family, if i bake for business..haishhh..

I got tons & tons recipe to try on my waiting list, but i pick this one first. Classic apple pie. I like the filling so much, the taste is just right. Pardon my pastry dough yeah heheh... i know its ugly :D. Here the recipe...

Apple Pie
Source: 500 Pies & Tarts

For dough:
  • 280g plain flour
  • 250g cold butter
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 tsp white vinegar - i didn't used
  • 2 tbsp ice-cold water
Cut butter into small chunks & add butter & flour into a food processor, blend until it has the consistency of damp sand.
Beat the egg with the vinegar & water, slowly pour the egg mixture into the flour & blend until the dough stick together & be able to hold the form of a ball.
Divide dough into 2 balls & wrap each one in plastic wrap.
Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of half an hour.
Roll the crust usually 3mm thick & positioning it over the pie dish.

Filling:
  • 115g light brown sugar
  • 1-2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • Pinch of salt
  • Pinch of nutmeg
  • 1 tbsp plain flour
  • 6 apples, peeled, cored & sliced thinly
  • 15g butter
Preheat oven to 220C.
Mix sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg & flour together. 
Place the sliced apples in a medium bowl, pour the mixture over them & toss gently to coat evenly.
Pour the filling into the dough & top with butter & cover with the second dough & bake for 10 minutes.
Lower the temperature to 175C & continue baking for 35 to 40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

**My Kitchen Lab**   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP