Monday 13 August 2012

Zebra Steamed Egg White Cake



Salam Ramadhan all,

I just recovered from the very bad flu. Thank God my kids didn't get any virus from me hehehe..So, fasting month almost over now, my mom already ordered her all time favorite cake which is plain butter cake. Hmmm...should i try to bake pound cake to replace her plain ol' butter cake? Well, i got 1 week to make a decision. I bake cookies this year!! heheh just 2 type of cookies. Bake for my mom coz she keep on asking me to do it since she decided to not bake any cookies this year.

I bake this egg white cake just because i got a plenty leftover egg whites. I like the coffee taste on it. U can use any kind of flavour u want, but i decided to stick to the recipe heheh...here the recipe...

Zebra Steamed Egg White Cake
Source : Bisous a Toi
  • 300g egg whites
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp emulsifier
  • 120g caster sugar
  • 150g cake flour, sifted
  • 20g milk powder
  • 50ml thick coconut milk
  • 30ml oil
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp chocolate paste
  • 1/2 tsp mocca paste
Prepare steamer, grease 8" x 4" square pan.
Whisk egg white, salt & emulsifier.
Using low speed, add in sifted flour & milk powder.
Fold in coconut milk & oil.
Divide batter into 3 equal part.
Add chocolate paste into 1 part, mocca paste into another & leave the 3rd one plain.
Pour in a laddle of mocca, followed by chocolate & plain until finish.
Steam your cake about 25 minutes on medium/high fire.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

**My Kitchen Lab**   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP