Monday 28 May 2012

Steamed Mussels


Dear all,

Simple & delicious, that's what i called this dish. Just throw everything in the pot & steamed it. My hb is a big fan of mussels. I never ate mussels before i married to my hb, coz my mother never buy & cook mussels coz she doesn't like the chewy taste & the size of the mussels unlike clam, much more smaller in size.

My first experience with mussels happened when my hb brought me to the Manhattan Fish Market Restaurant & he ordered mussels with creamy sauce & i love it ever since. I just made it very simple with lots of herbs for a flavor to the mussels. Here the recipe...

Steamed Mussels
  • 1 kg mussels
  • 4 shalots, thinly slices
  • 3 garlic cloves, slices
  • 2 stalk lemongrass, pounded
  • 1 bunch corriander leaves, roughly chopped
  • 1 bunch scallion, roughly chopped
Put everything in the pot, close the lid & steamed for 20 minutes or until the mussels open their shell. For cream sauce, follow the recipe here.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

**My Kitchen Lab**   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP